How to fix the airlock problem in water pipes? In any home or building, you may encounter airlock pipes at least once or twice a year. As a result, you have to solve the problem of airlock water pipes. It doesn’t matter: What is the cause of the airlock problem in your home or building? But it is important to know how to solve the problem of airlock water pipes. As a result, you can understand the situation before contacting a specialist and a pipe opener or plumber. So you can even do it yourself.
Read about other services :
But what if you can’t solve the problem? You can call a local plumber. If you live in London and live in one of the districts and neighborhoods of London, we can solve your problem in the emergency plumbing. So if you live in London, you can contact us. We will be at your place very soon.
What is an airlock in pipes?
When airlock occurs in pipes for the plumbing system, it can cause problems for the plumbing system. For example, an airlock blocks hot water in pipes. Because it leads to the valves or the central heating system. You should also know that airlock in pipes and hot water systems prevents water from coming out of the tap. However, a hot air system in a central heating system will not cause some or more of your radiators to heat up properly.
Cleaning method to solve the problem of airlock from hot water pipes
There are many ways to clean an airlock problem from the pipes of a hot water system. As a result, we try to tell you the simplest ways you can do it yourself. If you are unable to do this yourself, you can contact us. So we’re trying to fix the airlock problem in the water pipe first.
Troubleshoot airlock water pipes
Have you ever had a long trip and cut off the water before the trip? Then when you return home from the trip, when you turn on the water again with the noise and the abnormal pressure of the water when you get out of the tap? This is unusual noise and pressure due to airlock problems in water pipes.
The problem with airlock water pipes is a natural thing for pipes. It may also occur in industrial and agricultural water pipes. Whatever the cause of the airlock problem with water pipes, you need to take action. Therefore, in the following, we will briefly state some of these measures.
To solve the problem of airlock water pipes, do the following:
What causes airlock in pipes?
The main reason airlock in a water pipe is that air bubbles are placed inside the water pipes. As a result, they do not allow the flow of water to flow freely. In fact, the cause of airlock in the water pipe is that air bubbles form in the corners and angles of the water pipe.
Coldwater pipes also have less pressure than hot water pipes. As a result, the cause of the airlock in the hot water pipe is usually the same pressure that results from the heat of the water. In most buildings, airlock problems occur in hot water pipes.
Here’s how to fix airlock problems in hot and cold water pipes.
Method #1 to solve the problem of airlock from hot water pipes
The first way to clean the air is to connect the hose pipe to the hot and cold taps in a sink in your home and turn on the cold tap so that the water flows through the hose into the hot tap and out of the air. Slow down.
- meter garden hose pipe
- Duct tape
- First of all, turn on your hot water source.
- Then use a hosepipe and duct tape in your home sink to connect the hot water outlet to the cold water outlet. Place the open end of the hose pipe where the water comes out. Make sure the straps are secure and secure.
- Next, turn on the hot water tap.
- Next, turn on the cold tap for 3-5 seconds and then turn it off.
- Then run the hot water in another room sink.
- Finally, repeat the process 6 to 10 times.
If hot waterworks, it means you have succeeded. Congratulations. If not, try another method.
Method No. 2 to solve the problem of hot water pipes
In addition to the noise and abnormal pressure of the hot water, ventilating the hot water pipe also cools the radiator, package, and radiator, so ventilating the hot water pipe is essential. Follow these steps to learn how to ventilate hot water pipes:
- First and foremost, turn off your water heater and wait about 1 hour for the water to cool.
- Open the water in the heating system.
- At the top of the hot water system, there is usually a valve to vent the hot water pipe. Before ventilating the hot water pipe, place it under this bucket valve.
- Open this valve to vent the hot water pipe. Wait until the sound of the air escaping and the water slowly coming out of the tap.
- After ventilating the hot water pipe through the system, open the hot water taps in the house so that the remaining air in the pipes also comes out of the valve and the hot water pipe ventilation is completed.
- Finally, close the vent valve and restart the system.
Note: As mentioned above, due to the high pressure of hot water, buildings need more ventilation of hot water pipes.
Method 3: Remove the airlock problem from the cold water pipe
Follow the steps below to ventilate the cold water pipe:
- First, open the main water inlet valve.
- Then open all the valves in the house, in turn, to ventilate the entire cold water pipe and drain the air inside all the pipes.
- When the water comes out of the tap naturally and without any noise or pressure, it means that the ventilation of the cold water pipe is complete.
Note: Ventilation of agricultural and industrial water pipes is usually done through air valves installed on the pipes. But home pipes are usually different.
Method 4: Remove the airlock problem by bleeding the radiator system
When you are facing an air lock issue, it is of utmost importance that you bleed all of the radiators in the house.
- Start off by going to your basement and turning the boiler off. Once done with this step, go back upstairs and start opening the radiators one at a time.
- Start with the first radiator in the line and continue this till the end. After bleeding a radiator, make sure you close the return valve.
- When you are done, you should do the same order again and open the valves you just close. At this point, the air lock problem will have been fixed.
Note: It is quite important that you count how many turns it takes to open the radiator valves. When you want to close them, you have to use the exact number it was required to open them.
The final word
Fixing the problem of airlock from hot water pipes is not a dangerous and worrying issue. But in any case, there is a lot of noise. As a result, it can be annoying. Especially if the air inside the pipes is high. So don’t be afraid. Do it yourself once. Finally, if you don’t succeed, you can get help from an expert.